Pages

Friday 2 July 2021

Are Maggots Useless or Helpful/ Maggot Diagram - By Giselle

My Class and I read an article about A 17 year old girl who finds herself in a rain forest after surviving a 10,000 feet fall from a disintegrating plane. Once the girl found civilization, after 11 days of walking and surviving, she realized her wounded arm was infested with maggots so thats when the topic of "are maggots helpful or useless" was brought up.

I have researched about it and saw some pretty disturbing photos but found out maggots are helpful. Once you put a maggot into your wound they each your rotting flesh and leave you with healthy flesh, its called maggot therapy. Also if you were interested in maggots take a look at my maggot life cycle.


Maggot Life Cycle Time Span:

How Long does the fly live for - 28 days

How Long do the eggs take to hatch - 24 hours

How long does the larva - 10 - 14 days

How long does pupa turn into a fly - Three - Six days


1 comment:

  1. Hi there Giselle. Thank you for sharing your article, The Maggot Life-cycle. I have to say, it caught my eye, as I bit into my chicken and salad sandwich. That's a really fast life-cycle from egg to maggot. Isn't it amazing how something soo repulsive as a maggot, can be a life saving hero. Have you checked out leeches? Now they have a pretty clever use in the medical world. Great job, Giselle.

    ReplyDelete